The University of Bridgeport believes that a student’s achievement should be recognized and rewarded. Our institutional commitment is to make a private education affordable to all students.
No matter what your family income, the University of Bridgeport features academic scholarships tailored to meet your academic priorities and financial needs. Whether you are from a high, middle, or low income family, the University of Bridgeport will be surprisingly affordable.
The Academic Merit Scholarships are offered to international students to encourage academic excellence and student leadership and to continue UB’s tradition of enrolling a “Community of Scholars” from around the world. Scholarships are available to qualified undergraduate and graduate students.
Scholarship Opportunities for Qualified Undergraduate International Students
The University of Bridgeport understands the importance of affordability when pursuing an education. UB offers three special opportunities for incoming international undergraduate students to receive academic scholarships to help them pay for their studies:
General Academic Scholarships
General Academic Scholarships for all qualified Undergraduate International Students
Academic scholarships are available to first year applicants and transfer students seeking an associate or a bachelor degree. All awards are renewable yearly based on satisfactory academic achievement and good standing at the University of Bridgeport. All incoming undergraduate international students are automatically considered for these scholarship awards once all application materials are received by the specified deadlines:
Spring deadline: December 1
Fall deadline: July 15
Academic scholarships range from $11,000 to $17,000 per academic year, and are based on academic excellence and English proficiency. No separate application form is required to be considered for these scholarships.
Amount per Year
Trustee Scholarship $17,000
Presidential Scholarship $15,000
Academic Scholarship $11,000
Music Scholarship Varies
Athletic Scholarship** Varies
Design Scholarship Varies (Applicant must present portfolio)
Academic Scholarships for IB, IGCSE, GCSE and American Curriculum International Students
Academic scholarships ranging from $12,000 to $22,000 per year are available to qualified international undergraduate students who complete their secondary studies in IB, IGCSE, GCSE or American curriculum. No separate scholarship application form is required.
Amount per Year
Trustee Scholarship $22,000
Presidential Scholarship $20,000
Honor Scholarship $17,000
Challenge Grant $12,000
These scholarships are awarded based upon high school cumulative grade point average (CGPA) and SAT or ACT test results. Students who do not present a SAT or ACT test score will be considered for the general academic scholarship awards.
Graduate Scholarships for International Students
We are very pleased to announce that the University of Bridgeport launched a new international graduate scholarship program for incoming international graduate students.
The details are as follows:
- Qualified applicants to the MBA Program, all graduate programs in the College of Public and International Affairs, and all graduate programs in our School of Engineering are eligible for this award.
- All applicants will automatically be considered for a scholarship when they send in the University of Bridgeport international application and all admissions materials. No additional form is needed.
- Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit a TOEFL / IELTS score and a GRE or GMAT score.
- There are four award amounts: $3,000, $4,000, $5,000 and $6,000. This award is based on the student’s academic achievement and test scores.
- The scholarship will be for the international student’s first year of study, split equally between the first two semesters.
- All graduate students with a scholarship must take 9 credits per semester.