Heidelberg University supports outstanding students and young scientists through a variety of scholarships and support programs. There are special ones for different phases of study and continuing education.
Information for students
The award round for the winter semester 2017 | 2018 is already completed.
The next application phase is expected from 15 July to 31 August 2018.
Information about the application process
Please read the information below carefully.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduates attending WS 2018 | Advertised or enrolled for a place at the University of Heidelberg in 2019,
- Students attending WS 2018 | Have applied or enrolled in a higher semester or master’s program at the University of Heidelberg in 2019,
- enrolled students of the University of Heidelberg (except short-term students, doctoral students, students of the pre-semester course German as well as students enrolled in the Studienkolleg).
- In the case of a grant, a Germany scholarship can not be granted if at the same time you receive another gifted and performance-based material support and the subsidy amounts to 30 euros or more per month. A different funding in the amount of the above-mentioned funding does not exclude an application for the Germany Scholarship, but in the case of consideration of your application, you must opt for one of the two subsidies or possibly for the time of receiving the other gifted and performance-based funding from the Leave Germany scholarship leave. BAföG benefits do not count as other support.
Note: Students and undergraduate students from the Medical Informatics program apply at the Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences.
When can I apply?
The application period for the funding period (WS 2018 | 2019 and SS 2019) runs from 15.07. until 31.08.2018 (applies to the online application and the written submission of the application as well as the evidence and certificates).
How can i apply?
The application must be in electronic form. In order to complete the application, the printout of the application for a scholarship submitted online and signed with the application documents listed below must also be received by the University by the deadline of the application deadline of 31 August 2018. If the application documents are not in German or English, an officially certified translation into German or English is required.
|Step 1:||Registration in the online application portal from 15 July 2018.|
|Step 2:||Complete online application and send it by 31st August 2018.|
|Step 3:||Print, sign and submit the online application form with the necessary evidence and credentials by August 31, 2018 at the
University of Heidelberg | University Administration | Department 8 |Department 8.2 | Seminars tr. 2 | 69117 Heidelberg
send in (entrance stamp counts).
Application documents for WS 2018 | 2019
- a tabular CV,
- the certificate of higher education entrance qualification for first-year students, and the copy of the original certificate (with final grade) as well as an official translation into German or English and, if available, a conversion of the certificate into the German grading system , each in copy, (should you have no conversion into the German grading system, please submit your certificate including an official translation – the conversion will then be initiated internally)
- if present, the certificate of first university degree or, if not already available, a preliminary copy of the final grade certificate. In the case of foreign university degrees, the copy of the original document (with final grade) as well as an official in German or English language and, if present, a conversion of the certificate into the German grading system, in each case in copy (should you not be converted into the German grading system, Please submit your certificate including an official translation – the conversion will then be arranged internally)
- suitable evidence of special commitment to be recognized pursuant to § 6 (2), voluntarily completed internships, completed vocational training, study-related gainful employment, prizes, awards or special family or personal circumstances in copy, if these are in the context of the selection process acc. § 6 (2) should be taken into account,
- a current enrollment certificate (WS 2018 | 2019) or a copy of the admission notice (WS 2018 | 2019),
- Students from the third semester (in the winter semester 2018 | 2019) a proof of their current level of performance, current date:
As a rule, the performance is substantiated by the indication of the average grade. Exceptions to this are the programs:
Students of human medicine submit evidence in the preclinical study section in the form of a qualified overall certificate, including information on the achieved percentages (Faculty of Heidelberg) and the semester ranking (Faculty of Mannheim).
In the clinical study section, evidence will be provided in the form of a copy of the First Section Certificate (including the Disclosure Report) and a full clinical performance certificate.
Dentistry students submit evidence in the preclinical study section in the form of a qualified overall certificate, including information on the achieved percentages, and from the fifth semester on, the certificates of achievement of the course of the Technical Propaedeutics and the Phantom Course I of the Zahnersatzkunde.
At the clinical stage, evidence will be provided in the form of a copy of the preliminary dental examination certificate (including the preliminary scientific examination) and clinical performance certificates.
Law students submit the evidence in the form of the average score achieved.
The written application must be in the period from 15.07. until 31.08.2018 received at the University of Heidelberg (entrance stamp counts). Are the enrollment certificate, the letter of admission, the certificate of first medical degree, the certificate of the First Section of the Medical Examination or the certificate of achievement of the Technical Propaedeutic or the Phantom Course I of Dental Rehabilitation or benefits from the summer semester, valid until 31.08.2018 were not yet available at the end of the application deadline, they must be submitted without delay, but no later than 15.10.2018, in copy.